Roof brace kit
If your chimney comes out above your roof more than five feet you are required to use a roof brace kit. A kit is required every additional five feet.
- Telescoping legs will extend from 0.7m to 1.3m
To install a roof brace kit you will need the following tools:
Level, silicone, drill 1/4"drill bit, and 1" wood screws which are not provided in the hardware package.
- To begin wrap the support band around the chimney at about 5' up the chimney.
- You received 4 poles two will slide into the other two. For this step go ahead and slide the poles together. place the poles about 60 degrees apart from each other or make a large triangle shape see photo 1 below.
- Make sure the chimney is level and set the poles where you want them, then place the roof brackets on the roof under the braces. Put some silicone under the brackets and then screw 4 1" wood screws about half way in each bracket. Put some silicone around the screws and screw them all the way down.
- attach the poles to the brackets and tighten everything down.
- The last step is to drill a 1/4" hole through the pole and put a nut and bolt through the hole and tighten down.
- The last step is to either put more silicone around the storm collar or at least check to make sure you didn't break the silicone seal during the installation of the roof brace kit.
|Name||Roof brace kit|
|Inside pipe||AISI 316L (1.4404)|
|Outside pipe||AISI 304 (1.4301)|
|Overlap (cm)||6 cm|
|Thickness inside pipe (mm)||0.4|
|Thickness outside pipe (mm)||0.4|
|Type of fuel||Wood & solid fuels|
|Thickness insulation (mm)||30 mm|
|Distance to flammables (cm)||6 cm|
|CE Classification EN 1856-1||T600 N1 D V2 L50040 G60|
|Temperature of use||600ºC continuous, 1000ºC peak.|
|Delivery time (working days)||1-3|
|Transport cost (total order)||From £8.99, Free delivery over £120.|
|(Compatible with) internal pipe diameter (mm)||130|
What other people are saying about us:
"Loved the support"
"Very rapid delivery and well packed. All items in excellent condition. Thanks dad for the installation!"
Carolyn Mckinnon - Bath
"Easy job of just a few hours..."
H. T. Edwards - Birmingham