Reasons to line a chimney
Building regulations do not insist that you fit a chimney liner; however it is generally recommended that you do line your chimney:
- When your brick chimney has become porous over time.
- Modern high efficient stoves produce a low temperature smoke. For the smoke to rise without interference or turbulence, a smooth flue is required.
Consequences of not lining your chimney
- If the chimney is not sound, than smoke and Carbon Monoxide can enter your property.
- the combustibles do not rise and and will cool down. They will deposit tar and condensates, both can damage your property.Tar eventually bleeds through the mortar staining walls and wall paper.
- Tar deposits will eventually burn causing a chimney fire. Fires in liners are extremely rare and would be contained within the stainless steel tube.
What other people are saying about us:
"Loved the support"
"Very rapid delivery and well packed. All items in excellent condition. Thanks dad for the installation!"
Carolyn Mckinnon - Bath
"Easy job of just a few hours..."
H. T. Edwards - Birmingham