For technical support: 0800 279 02 email@example.com
Click on the product in the "your selections" box to get the details of the chosen product.Once you add this list to the shopping basket, you can make changes like adding or deleting products.
The ideal flue size is typically determined by the exhaust outlet of the stove or appliance. It shouldn't to be smaller than the appliance exhaust hole.
The Building Regulations (Document J, page 30) require that the minimum flue size for stoves are as follows:
So the regulations recommend a minimum flue size of 150mm for any stove (on which wood could be burnt) unless it is Defra Exempt.
OPEN FIRES including flame effect open gas fires:Minimum 200mm diameter for fire openings up to 500mm x 500mm. Larger fires require a flue area equal to 14-16% of the total area of the fireplace opening. (Minimum flue diameter 180mm for gas effect fires).
There are two ways to build your flue:
- No dangerous hot pipes in the room.
- Esthetically more pleasant.
- Better draw.
- A single wall flue radiate warmth into the room ( this does reduce the draw somewhat as well).
- The single wall pipes can be used up till 450mm under a flammable roof (150mm for a non combustable roof).
- Single wall pipes should stay 450mm from flammable walls and other flammable materials (unless sheilded like on picture).
We recommend a height of at least 3m.
What kind of material material is covering the roof:
- Metal roof, non tiles roofs: we recommend an EPDM flashing
- Flatter tiles and slates: we advice a Aluminium - rubber flashing
- Normal house tiles: use a Lead based flashing - Determine the pitch of the roof (0° being a flat roof, 60° a sharp roof)
Automatically we ad a roof support, a trim ring and -when required- a storm collar.
There are 3 type of rain caps to choose from:
Rain capWill keep vertical falliung rain out of the flue. In case of side winds, rain will enter the flue. In case of a flue outsie this is not a problem, as it can float out through the soot collector.
Rain cap with meshThe mesh will keep birds from building a nest in your flue.
Weathering capKeeps rain out of the flue. Also blocks downwinds from entering your flue. Downwinds come from higher objects in the vicinity (up to 10mtr), and they will blow the smoke back into your house.
Flue kits are based on general assumptions of the typical dimensions of houses and bungalows. You may need to add or take out certain items which can be done in the shopping cart. Other items can also be added to cart as necessary in the general Twin wall flue section. Flue-pipes.com does not take responsibility for the items installed in your flue system as this is merely a guide. Please check the twin wall flue pack is appropriate for your requirements. Refer to HETAS regulations, your installer and building regulations for further clarification.
Incl. Tax Excl. Shipping