Pellet stove pipe
- Sidewall horizontal venting (Figure 9). Not allowed, unless a vertical section is added of a least 1.5 m height.
- Horizontal vent with backup vertical venting (see Figure 10). Preferred horizontal method that avoids venting problems associated with unexpected appliance shutdown.
- Vertical venting through the ceiling and roof (Figure 11) with isolated flue pipes. Has the advantage of keeping vent gases warm and of providing natural draft to prevent problems in an unexpected shutdown.
- Venting into existing chimney (see Figure 8). Stove manufacturers provide recommendations for venting into masonry and factory-built chimneys, which may include partial or full chimney relining.
- Natural Draft: All vents for appliances designed without mechanical exhaust fans must meet stove manufacturer's requirements for minimum draft and must terminate above the roof.